Early Intervention Program
Description of the Early Intervention system in Dauphin County
While all children grow and develop in unique ways, some children experience delays in their development. Children in Dauphin County with developmental delays and disabilities benefit from collaboration among parents, service practitioners and others who work with young children needing special services. The Dauphin County Early Intervention program provides support and services to families with children, from birth to age three with developmental delays and disabilities. Early Intervention builds upon the natural learning opportunities that occur within the daily routines of a child and their family.
- Supports services and resources for children that enhance daily opportunities for learning provided in settings where a child would be if he/she did not have a developmental delay and disability.
- Provides families' independence and competencies.
- Respects families' strengths, values and diversity.
Early Intervention supports and services are designed to meet the developmental needs of children with a disability as well as the needs of the family related to enhancing the child's development in one or more of the following areas:
- Physical development, including vision and hearing
- Cognitive development
- Communication development
- Social or emotional development
- Adaptive development