VIDEO CONFERENCES ARE SCHEDULED 5 TO 14 DAYS AFTER APPLICANTS CONTACT AN OFFICE REPRESENTATIVE.
Jean Marfizo King
101 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Room 103 Dauphin County Courthouse
295 State Drive
Elizabethville, PA 17023
First and Third Wednesdays of every month
(717) 905-2700 Phone
Both individuals to be married must apply in person to complete the application for marriage.
WHO MAY NOT MARRY?
Blood relatives down to and including first cousins MAY NOT marry under the laws of Pennsylvania.
The marriage certificate must be obtained at least three (3) days prior to the marriage ceremony. The license must be used within 60 days of issuance.
A marriage license may be obtained from the Clerk of Orphans' Court in any county in Pennsylvania. The ceremony need not be performed in the county in which the license was issued, but must be performed in the state of Pennsylvania.
- All applicants, males and females, must be 18 years of age.
- Applicants under 18 years must have consent of a parent or guardian.
- Applicants under 16 years of age must have approval of a judge of the Orphans' Court as well as consent of a parent or guardian.
The fee for a marriage license varies from county to county. The fee in Dauphin County is $70.00 (CREDIT CARD OR MONEY ORDER ONLY).
*The fee for a certified copy of a Marriage License is $10.00 CASH or Money Order (No personal checks.)
NOTE & REQUIREMENTS
- As of January 1st, 1998, you must give your Social Security Number.
- Bring one of the following Photo ID's: Drivers License, Non Driver Photo ID or Passport.
- If you have been married before, please bring a copy of your final Divorce Decree with you or know the date of death of your former spouse.
- Also bring proof of name change if name on Divorce Decree differs from photo ID.
- You DO NOT have to bring your birth certificate to apply for a license.
- You DO need to know the state or country where your parents were born.
- Plan to arrive at least one half hour before closing to apply for license.
- This office will NOT determine what is/is not a church and/or congregation. See attached Officiate Disclaimer of Liability.
Request for Certified Copy of Marriage License form
DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, MARRIAGE LICENSE TRANSACTIONS SHALL BE COMPLETED BY VIDEO CONFERENCE AND MAY BE LIMITED TO DAUPHIN COUNTY RESIDENTS ONLY.