Dauphin County to host free Wetlands Festival at Wildwood Park on April 27
HARRISBURG, PA (April 22, 2019) – Dauphin County Commissioners Jeff Haste, Mike Pries and George P. Hartwick, III invite you to celebrate the natural wonder of the wetland at the 19th Annual Wetlands Festival from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 27 at Wildwood Park in Harrisburg.
There will be walks focusing on turtles, frogs, birds, and wildflowers. Family-friendly music, activities, exhibits, and food vendors round out the day. Most activities are free of charge.
Special events schedule:
- 9:00 a.m. – Pre-Festival Warbler Walk
- 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Live Music with Tom Jolin & Mark Wilson
- 10:00 a.m. – Stinky Animals with Zoo America
- 11:00 a.m. – Birds of Prey with Zoo America
- 11:00 a.m. – Bird Walk with Rick Price and Peggy Price
- 12:30 p.m. – Walk to Meadow for Pond Tours
- 12:30 p.m. – Native Insects with The Bug Man
- 1:00 p.m. – Pond Tour with Dr. Walter Meshaka & Gene Wingert
- 1:30 p.m. – Walk to Meadow for Pond Tours
- 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Live Music with Steven Courtney
- 2:00 p.m. – Pond Tour with Dr. Walter Meshaka & Gene Wingert
- 2:00 p.m. – Chimney Swift Tower Unveiling with Eagle Scout Noah Yeich
- 2:00 p.m. – Flower Walk with Jane Earle
- 2:30 p.m. – Exotic Insects with The Bug Man
All-day activities, exhibits, and vendors:
- Friends of Wildwood with Children’s Activities & Crafts, Nature Olympics and more!
- Wildlife Up Close with The Bug Man
- Aquatic Insects with the Dauphin County Conservation District
- Art In The Wild Exhibit and Hands-on Activities
- Exhibits from Environmental and Community Organizations
- Hot Eats and Treats including Williams French Fries and Farm Show Milkshakes
Concession stands will have food available for purchase. The entire park is stroller friendly.
The Wetlands Festival is sponsored by the Dauphin County Commissioners, Capital BlueCross, WITF, CBS21 and the Friends of Wildwood. For a flyer with the day’s activities, visit www.wildwoodlake.org or call the Olewine Nature Center at 717-221-0292.
Wildwood Park is located on Industrial Road, a half mile north of the Harrisburg Area Community College campus, in Harrisburg. The Benjamin Olewine III Nature Center is located in Wildwood Park and is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday.
Connect with Dauphin County Parks and Recreation at Facebook.com/DauphinCountyParksRecreation and Twitter.com/DauphinParksRec.