Dauphin County Commissioners hold public meetings every other week to conduct essential county business during COVID-19 pandemic
HARRISBURG, PA (April 9, 2020) – Commissioners Jeff Haste, Mike Pries and George P. Hartwick, III are now holding their public meetings every other week at 10 a.m. to conduct critical county business during the COVID-19 pandemic. The next public meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 15.
We have a responsibility to ensure county government and essential services continue while doing everything we can to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, said the commissioners.
Agenda items for April 15 include an update on the pandemic from Department of Public Safety Director Steve Libhart and the RT. 39 corridor study that was conducted by county engineer Herbert, Rowland & Grubic.
Because county facilities have been closed to the public since March 17 to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and comply with the Governor’s recommendations, the meeting will be open to the public via a conference call.
To participate in the public meeting, please follow these instructions that are posted to the county’s website at www.DauphinCounty.org/public meeting:
- Please join the meeting by 9:55 am.
- To join, dial toll-free 855-378-8822.
- You will hear the following message: Welcome to Avaya Spaces. Enter your spaces ID, followed by the pound sign.
- After that message plays, from your phone dial 708 149 544#
- Once you enter the ID above, you will hear the following message: You are now joining the space.
- The moderator of the meeting will ask those that join to identify themselves by first and last name.
- All participants will be muted until such a time that the commissioners announce public participation. The moderator will announce when all lines are open.
- Please do not place your call on hold, as hold music will play for the other participants.
To submit a question or comment for the commissioners during the public meeting, go to www.DauphinCounty.org/publicmeeting and complete the online form.